The following is a guest post by Josh Wardini , Editorial Contributor and Community Manager at Websitebuilder.org. With a preliminary background in communication and expertise in community development, Josh works day-to-day to reshape the human resource management of digitally based companies. When his focus trails outside of community engagement, Josh enjoys the indulgences of writing amidst the nature conservations of Portland, Oregon.
More than half of web users will read at least one blog monthly, therefore it is no wonder that the use of blogs for both business and personal use is on the rise. There are several factors that are driving this growth, with one of the most predominant being the ease of access to personal blogging platforms such as WordPress and Blogger. Additionally, the rise of social media has a big part in aiding this growth, as they give a platform for the writer to share and promote their work.
Statistics show that people simply love blogging, with over 1.5 billion blogs now all over the internet, and 50% of the top 200 Fortune 500 companies have a public corporate blog. Many more facts like this can be found at Website Builder, with the creative team compiling an informative page about the rise of blogging in today’s society. This sort of information can be invaluable if you are looking to start writing a blog, either as a marketing strategy for your business or on more of a personal basis.
So why should you write a blog? There are several reasons that blog will benefit a company in the long run.
- One of the most surprisingly common reasons that a company will write a blog is for SEO purposes. Companies who blog are likely to receive 97% more links to their website.
- Having a blog will raise brand awareness. 70% of consumers will learn about a particular company by reading blog posts and articles rather than seeing advertising about the company.
- Having a blog will increase the shares on sites like social media. 94% of people share a blog post think that the subject matter might be helpful to others. This will increase the blog’s reach without the company having to pay any more for the additional readers. This in tune will raise brand awareness and give the company a positive reputation.
- A company with a blog is more likely to get more visitors. The average blog will generate 55% more website visitors than a company without one. The more visitors a company has, the more likely they are to make a sale.
- Overall the aim of a blog will be to increase company sales, and it can do just that. 92% of companies who write a blog article multiple times a day will have acquired a customer through their blog.
If all those benefits haven’t convinced you that your company needs a blog, then head over to Website Builder to find out more about the world of blogging. The experts will inform you about how to create a perfect blog post, such as how the ideal blog post title should be around 60 characters and the fact that you should use 1 image per 350 words. You can find out the best time to post, a bloggers behavior, how you can share your posts and lots more. As a blogging beginner, then this page is for you.