The following is a guest post by Hugh Beaulac. Hugh is a content manager behind MC2 project, and he’s interested in the digital marketing as he believes it’s the future of marketing.
No matter how experienced as a marketer you are, you know that running a Facebook brand page is crucial for your business. More and more brands set foot in a Facebook promotion, and most of them believe that posting on Facebook can make their sales go sky-high.
Those not willing to increase sales on Facebook, cast the first stone at me. While we all know that running Facebook brand pages helps to build brand awareness and establish a contact with customers, advertising on Facebook allows you to grow sales, too.
Why Sell on Facebook?
It goes without saying that mobile shopping is trendy as people can get what they want wherever they are with the help of few clicks. At the same time, there are 1.15 billion mobile daily active users on Facebook.
Before you read on - we have various resources that show you exactly how to use social networks to gain massive traffic and leads. For instance, check out the following:FREE Step-by-Step Twitter Marketing Guide
FREE Pinterest Marketing Ebook
Supposing you have a win-win product to suggest, is it enough to boost organic reach on Facebook?
If you remember the days when you could advertise your product simply posting its description on Facebook, we’ve bad news for you then.
Those days are long gone. Now, you need to spend a considerable amount of money to promote your product, and running Facebook ad campaigns is a must.
However, Facebook ads are great eCommerce solutions as they help to:
- reach your target audience
- promote a prior product
- show all the benefits
Facebook knows it, and it has optimized the platform for online shopping.
Call to Action Buttons
Whatever business you have, your clients are keys to your success as your income depends on their purchase decisions. Thus, you need to encourage them to take action, and call to action buttons are a great way to attract more conversations.
Facebook has built a new way for marketers to interact with clients by implementing call to action buttons to Facebook brand pages. Depending on your goal, you can select from the seven calls to action buttons:
- Book Now – let people schedule appointments with you.
- Contact Us – link to a website or app
- Use App – take people to your app to increase downloads or engagement.
- Play Game – invite people to download or play your game.
- Shop Now – get people to your online store on Facebook or website
- Sign Up – take people to a form on your website to get more leads and subscribers.
- Watch Video – take people to a video on Facebook or website to watch it
Adding call to action buttons helps to:
Hey, before you read on - we have in various FREE in-depth guides on similar topics that you can download. For this post, check out:FREE workbook: CREATE AWESOME BLOG POSTS
FREE Beginner's Guide: START A BLOG
- Encourage Facebook brand page visitors to take an action
- Drive traffic to your website
- Increase sales
And what about real numbers?
Learning from companies that succeed is great, and Dollar Shave Club can inspire you:
Brian Kim, Dollar Shave Club’s Director of Acquisition, claimed that the Sign-Up call-to-action button delivered a 2.5x higher conversion rate over the course of a three-week test.
Isn’t it great to boost conversion? Moreover, it’s so easy, just add a button, and then you can create an ad to promote your product and encourage an action.
When creating Facebook ads with a CTA button, you should:
- Write an eye-catching headline that tells about what your ad is about. Use less than 25 symbols.
- Put down the body text that explains what you’re promoting. Try to make it 1-2 sentences.
- Add a hero image that supports the main idea of your promotion.
- Select a CTA button that suits your goals. For retailers, it’s better to opt Book Now/Shop Now/Watch Video.
Note: Call-to-action buttons are not available when using Canvas as an ad format.
Storefront with Prices
When you shop offline, you enter a store and see the prices that help you make the final decision whether you’re ready to buy an item or not.
Facebook online stores have a lot in common with offline ones which make the purchase process easier. Now, customers can take a look at the list of goods, see the prices, and buy immediately.
Isn’t it great to have a store that works 24/7 and makes the buying process so comfortable?
When thinking about your product promotion, you must have a target audience portrait as you don’t want to see your product to everybody. You need to deliver the message to a target audience, and Facebook ads help a lot.
Advertising your goods as targeted storefronts, you reach your audience, offering what they might need.
Now you can create the carousel ad that offers customers options to choose from. It’s scientifically proven that people love to have a choice to select from.
How to promote a storefront on Facebook to make the most out of it:
- Select 3-10 products to focus on. Write their titles and descriptions.
- Choose photos that match each other. Although you promote several products, you run one ad, so it’s about the wholeness of perceptions.
- Use Dynamic Product Optimization (DPO) to display products the user has already shown an interest in purchasing.
Want to understand more about DPO? Here we go!
Facebook is a sophisticated platform that uses various algorithms to understand its users better. Thus, when you try to reach your TA with a multi-product ad, Facebook uses its information to target those users who might be interested in your products.
Again, Facebook takes care of customers and marketers, so give it a try.
Staying mobile 24/7 is a must for a successful marketer who wants to suit customers’ needs. Once somebody puts a question on social media, he craves for replies, and the faster you do it, the better.
You’re not a robot to reply to every request within a minute.
However, there’s a solution that can help a lot: chatbots can help you manage your online store.
Implementing message bots allows you to establish a good relationship with a potential customer as you can satisfy his needs fast. Programming a chatbot for automatic replies is a proven way to increase brand loyalty.
Why You Can’t Rely on Chatbots Only?
When you use Facebook ads to promote your Facebook page, pay attention to the timing as even the best chatbot can’t handle some tasks and you’d better stay tuned to solve all problems fast.
- Analyze when your audience is online. Promoting your brand when your TA is offline is a waste of time and money, so you should know when to run ads.
- Run ads on a schedule. Chose preferred days and times to run ads when you want it to get seen.
As you can see, Facebook takes care of brands, giving them opportunities to promote their product. Once you have a well-organized Facebook brand page, it’s time to promote it to reach your target audience.
Let’s see how to increase sales with the help of Facebook ads and how to create Facebook ads that grab attention.
More Trends in Facebook Advertising
Facebook advertising has its trends, and here are some things that help to promote your product:
1. Video Ads to Show Items
Another Facebook advertising trend is video ads:
- 87% of digital marketers use videos
- Posts with videos attract 3 times more inbound links than plain text posts
- Viewers are 85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a product video
As people are visual-oriented, it’s easier for us to watch a product review rather than read it. Thus, advertising with the help of videos helps to grab and hold target audience’s attention.
Showing your product and its benefits is a great eCommerce solution.
2. “Page Like” Campaigns Are Expensive
As the niche is competitive, more and more marketers fight for the same audience, and Like Ads are the easiest ones to set up, so they are quite popular. Therefore, they’ve become extremely expensive.
Moreover, attracting followers with the help of “page like” campaigns may work badly as people can ‘like’ your page by mistake, and it means getting followers who are not interested in your product.
As a proficient marketer, you know that you can promote posts and run contests that attract fans. Thus, don’t focus on “Page Like” campaigns only as they take much money.
Making the Most out of Ads
People start shopping on Facebook, and it’s a great platform to promote your product and, therefore, reach your target audience. There’s no need to do the crazy math calculations to understand that Facebook ads pay off if you know how to make the most out of it.
And here’s how to do it:
- Choose the audience. Deliver your message to the target audience. The more you know about your potential customer, the more chances you can sale with your ads. Even if it takes time to select the TA, do it.
- Optimize. Do you remember that people start spending more time on mobile? Great! Optimize your ads for mobile devices.
- Schedule. Advertise when your audience is online. Luckily, you don’t have to use tools to analyze it as you can check this information with the help of Facebook Insights.
- Test. Obviously, there’s no one-suits-all solution for running successful Facebook ads, so you need to test what works best for your customers.
Facebook ads are booming eCommerce solutions, and if you want to become a pioneer of it, just give it a try.
Forget Failure. Get the simple process to success:
We show you the exact steps we took to grow our first business from 0 to 500k page views per month with social media and how we got 50k visitors per month from social media to this blog after 6 months. We show you the exact steps you need to take to see the traffic success.
You get easy-to-follow step-by-step action plans and you will see the first results after a couple of days. Check out “The Social Traffic Code” – there is a special offer for you!
“The Social Ms blog and books have shown us great possibilities of growing on Twitter and via online media. In addition, they actually respond to email reactions. Practicing what they preach gives them the credibility edge.” Guy Pardon, Atomikos
Don’t miss out – make a decision for success!
- Learn how to Start a Successful Blog
- Learn how to SEO my blog and posts
- Learn how to get traffic from Pinterest
- Learn how to get traffic from Twitter
- Learn how to choose the right social channels
- Learn how to grow a social audience and get (free) traffic from social media
- Learn how to use Twitter like a Pro
- Learn how to achieve more with guest blogging
- Get an expert to answer my most pressing marketing questions